Coughlin Insurance Brokers are committed to providing our clients with excellent service. Doing business with an Insurance Broker involves providing information about yourself. Therefore, protection of your personal information is one of our highest priorities. Our brokerage and the Insurance Industry have a solid track record of respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of Federal legislation, we have further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You can be assured that we will handle your personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Why do we collect your personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Establish and maintain communications with you
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assist you and assess your ongoing requirements for insurance
- Assess your needs for other products, and to offer them to you
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Protect us both against error or fraud
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual client and relates specifically to you. Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers
- E-mail address, birth date and marital status
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record (i.e. accidents, convictions)
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
We may obtain this information from:
You – Insurance Companies – Other Insurance Brokers or Agents – Credit Organizations – Motor Vehicle and Driver Licensing Authorities – Financial Institutions – Medical Professionals
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- Insurance Companies
- Other Insurance Brokers or Agents
- Credit Organizations
- Professionals working with us, such as Adjusters or Lawyers
- Financial Institutions. For example, the organization that carries your mortgage